When do doors open?
For Linton Chamber Music Sunday concerts, doors open at approximately 3:00pm, and for the the Encore! Linton Monday Series, doors open at 7:00pm.
When does the concert start?
Linton Chamber Music Sunday concerts begin at 4:00pm, and Encore! Linton Monday concerts begin at 7:30pm.
What should I wear?
Linton Chamber Music concerts follow a business casual dress code. You won’t need to wear your Sunday best (unless you want to), but you also will not likely see many audience members wearing shorts and t-shirts.
Will parking be available?
All of our venues have free, accessible parking available at both First Unitarian Church and Congregation Beth Adam.
Are your venues wheelchair accessible?
Yes. We can accommodate wheelchair seating at both venues, but we recommend calling ahead to have a spot reserved. Call (513) 381-6868 before the concert and we will be happy to assist you. ♿
Are there refreshments?
Complimentary coffee, tea, and cookies are available during intermission at all of our performances.
Are food and drinks allowed in the auditorium?
Only bottled water is available inside our performance venues. We ask that you enjoy all other refreshments in the lobby before returning to your seat.
Is seating assigned or general admission?
All seating is general admission. If you want to secure specific seats, please arrive early to reserve your spot.
What if I lose my ticket?
If you misplace your ticket before a concert, let us know and we can have a replacement ticket waiting for you at will call. Call (513) 381-6868 before the concert and we will be happy to assist you.
COVID Safety Protocols
As we prepare to return to live Linton Chamber Music performances, the safety and well-being of our patrons, artists and staff is our top priority. As health and safety guidelines are constantly evolving, we continue to closely monitor the situation and modify our COVID-19 health and safety plan appropriately. The protocols outlined below are subject to change based on new mandates and/or recommendations from the CDC, the State of Ohio, the Hamilton County Department and/or the City of Cincinnati. We will send you updated guidelines in an email closer to your performance, and patrons who don’t feel safe attending or aren’t comfortable with the protocols below will have the option to receive a refund if you notify us prior to the performance.
Before You Arrive
- Please self-assess your health before leaving home. If you have a fever, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home and contact our Box Office.
- Proof of vaccination is required for entry into all Linton events. Please bring your completed physical vaccination card, photo of your completed card or digital vaccination record. A corresponding photo ID will be required for individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Those who are unvaccinated (including children under the age of 12) will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID PCR test taken within 72 hours of entry to the building. A rapid antigen test administered within 24 hours of entry will also be accepted. Proof of negative test may be in digital form, such as a dated picture of negative COVID test result.
- Remember to bring your mask! Masks are required at all times, even when seated for the performance, regardless of vaccination or testing status until further notice.
- Patrons arriving without appropriate face coverings will be provided a disposable face mask.
Tickets and Seating
- Tickets will be digital or print-at-home with contactless ticket scanning. Tickets will be sent prior to your concert via email.
- More information about pre-concert procedures, including the opening time of the lobby, will be emailed prior to each performance.
- When tickets are purchased, patrons will be required to confirm that they have reviewed and will follow Linton’s health and safety measures and will not attend if feeling ill, showing any symptoms, or have had any know contacts related to COVID-19.
- If you are feeling ill or showing any symptoms, please stay home. Please call the Box Office at (513) 381-6868 to receive a refund or donate your tickets.